Wednesday 2 August 2017

How you can get better at small talk


  1. Become a parrot - don't go telling me some people are born with the gift of gab. It's a white lie. If you want to be good at small talk, talk a lot, like a parrot. Always be ready to say something or give a comment. Yeah.
  2. Watch a lot of movies and listen to a lot of music - they are great conversational topics of course! Did you see Spiderman homecoming? Oh how awful that film is.. Blah blah blah, twenty minutes and you're still talking.
  3. Learn the art of elaboration - there are some awful people out there that I call the k people, whatever you ask them, how was your day?, whats up?, how are you doing?They always say fine or okay. Don't do this, learn to elaborate your responses, input stories and give others the full detail.
  4. Hang out with parrots - ah! There is no place like home with friends talking about anything and everything. So hang out with any talkative that you can find, put in that practice. They will infect you with their parroting skills.
  5. Ask interesting questions - like what's the most interesting thing that happened to you today? Tell me the movie you watched that you didn't want to end? What's the Craziest idea you've ever had?
  6. Have backup questions - awkward silence are stubborn bastards, they love happening so don't fight them. Prepare instead! Have 2-4 backup questions in case Mr awkward silence shows up.
  7. Read a lot of books on social skills - seriously this will almost change your life.
  8. DO everything you learn in the books - trust me, if you do this, your social life won't be the same

No comments:

Post a Comment

I need you and you need me

We need one another. I need u and u need me. And because u need me I want to improve myself so that u can get the best of me and u need to i...